In the immediate aftermath of an injury, you may feel overwhelmed by the many different individuals and groups seeking to get in touch. If the injury was the result of an accident, you may hear from law enforcement, doctors, insurance companies and even attorneys working on behalf of the individual or group that caused the accident (and your injuries). Though you might wish to do nothing more than heal, it is also in your best interest to contact a personal injury attorney.
The Many Reasons You Need a Skilled Attorney
Though you may feel that any attorney is well suited to your needs, what you want is a skilled and experienced attorney with a background in personal injury. This is someone who offers you:
- Clarity and experience – You may not know whether your injuries are worthy of a case, but the experienced attorney can take a look at the details and tell you whether or not to pursue the matter and if you are likely to be successful
- Paperwork avoidance – As we said, the piles of paperwork can feel extreme, but a skilled attorney cuts through all of the red tape, confusing medical documentation, and legal proceedings. They handle the mountains of paper, so you don’t have to, and can shortcut the whole document gathering process at your end, too.
- Experts – The best attorneys specializing in personal injury don’t go it alone but have an array of skilled investigators on hand. They will pick apart all of the technical and medical issues of the case and supply your attorney with the evidence they need to support your claim.
- No emotion – Did you ever stop to think about the ways that pain, frustration and anger can steer you in the wrong directions? You certainly don’t want them in play if you are pursuing a legal case, and an attorney is unemotional about everything, working only towards one thing – getting you compensation due to you after an accident or injury.
- Alternatives – Perhaps your case is better negotiated out of court? Maybe they can supply some negotiation or “ADR”(alternative dispute resolution)? This is a major benefit of working with a professional
Your personal injury attorney in Gurnee can also offer experience working with other attorneys, with insurance companies, and even going to court. If you are in need of such support in Gurnee, the Law Offices Of Robert T. Edens, P.C. is here to help and specializes in many areas of the law, including personal injury cases.